Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Apple Curried Chicken

I got this recipe from VH Sauces, of course using VH brand sauces. Eh, it's good. And look! I'm following a recipe!! Sort of.

anyways, I believe that this can also be found on VHSauces.com

The Recipe


2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
8 to 10 chicken thighs
1 cup VH Yellow Curry Sauce
2 apples, thinly sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) cider or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (optional)

Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken in pan and brown well for about 3-5 minutes each side.
Remove chicken and pour off excess oil. Return to pan with the Yellow Curry sauce and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove lid and simmer sauce to thicken if needed.
While chicken is cooking, heat butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté apples for 3 minutes, add brown sugar and vinegar. Continue to cook until softened and golden brown.
Serve chicken with sauce and topped with apples and cilantro.


Well, I didn't follow the recipe. I did it my style, which is a bit easier.

Corina's style Apple Curried Chicken

(using list above, minus oil)

In my large slow cooker, I mixed together the Yellow Curry sauce, butter, brown sugar, vinegar and some cilantro from the spice rack (definitely not fresh) and added the sliced apples and 4 chicken breasts. In hindsight, I probably could have added another two chicken breasts.
I put the slow cooker on high and walked away for three hours, stirring occasionally once per hour. After three hours, I switched the heat to low for another two hours.

On the side, I made rice and mixed green, yellow and long carrots. Together, it was a bit spicy, and sweet, so be careful how much sauce you take, but very very good. mmmmmm, yummy.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment