Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Cheddar Corn Chowder

Please forgive my absence: I've been busy with schoolwork and haven't been cooking very much. Also, I've been re-using previously posted recipes, and don't want to double-post the same things.

But it is with much pleasure that I pull out this recipe. I have made this recipe so many times in the past, I have it memorized. I made it last night.

Cheddar Corn Chowder
- Corina Becker style.

In a big soup pot on the stove, add two cups of water to a couple of fist-sized potatoes that have been washed and chopped up, and a few chopped up carrots. Sprinkle with onion salt.
Turn stove on to medium heat (or whatever is boiling-heat), and boil until potatoes are done.
(potatoes are done when you poke them with a fork and they are soft and easy to break apart)

Add 2 can of Cream of Cheddar Cheese soup, OR 1 can of Cream of Cheddar Cheese soup and 1 can of Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Add 1 Large can of Cream Style Corn.
Add 1 cup of milk.

At this point, I also put in some garlic, but that's a personal preference.

Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cheese soup is all mixed in (and there's no cheesy-lumps).

Remove from heat, let cool a little and serve!!

yum yum. My favorite soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment